Absolutely Beautiful!

04 November 2008

Go Vote!

I hope you all did your part and went to go vote!
We took my Dad to the airport today...it was very hard to say good-bye. He was a tremendous help to me and the kids had a GREAT time with Grandpa! We can't wait to go visit him next summer! Yesterday was very hard...it was my Mom's birthday. I made a nice dinner...Halibut that Jakob, Paul, & my Dad caught this past summer...my Mom LOVED sea food...I know she would have enjoyed the lemon pepper Halibut :-(. I made a little toast...we cried. I sure miss her and still can't believe that she has left this earth. I know my Dad misses her so very much. I can not even imagine...
I hope to get to the Halloween pictures tonight or tomorrow...we had a lot of fun and lots of pictures to share. But, right now I need to go hold Ben. He has 103* temp. since yesterday morning! Sam also has a slight fever but, I am hoping his is just from teething...he is cutting two huge molars...ouch! Last week...Rachel FINALLY broke her fever on Wednesday evening-5 days with high fever! But, I did not send her to school on Thursday b/c she had still been hot Wed. morning...so, she sadly missed her Halloween party at school. But, she and Jakob were out of school on Friday so they were able to go to Ben's preschool party and then onto a Halloween party Friday night. Then, Saturday evening my Dad took Jakob & his friend, Jacob to an Alaska Aces hockey game. Jakob was SO EXCITED to go...he was on cloud nine...and loves to talk about the game. Thanks for taking him Grandpa! The rest of us went to my friend and neighbor's house...she was hosting a going away party for another friend and neighbor. They are PCS'ing to Georgia...we are all VERY sad to have to be saying good-bye to the Peltier family! We are all going to miss their wonderful family!!!!!
On Sunday, my Dad took Ben and Jakob to their hockey practices. Jakob was able to go out on the ice to help out with Ben. He and my Dad said Ben did great. He was moving around on the ice...un-assisted...no chair...nothing!!! This was only his 3rd time on the ice! Yeah, Ben. I down-loaded the pictures my Dad took so I will share those later on tonight as well.
OK...kids just got home...need to get Rachel to Brownie meeting. I'll get the picture up later on...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Granpa says,
He enjoyed every minute with my grandchildren. I was also excited to see Jakob have a great time at the Aces Hockey Game. It was good to have Ben wave to me from the ice while he was practing. I enjoyed taking Rachel to ballet and getting to se Sam take his first steps.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Jerry, thanks so much for helping. Gretchen would have been lost without you. Lets just hope she can survive the rest of the time.
Jealous you got to see Sam's first steps. Miss you guys a lot.
Daddy